Monday, January 2, 2012

Another year over.

2012.
Wow. I say this too much but time flies! I am not the only one, right?

We had a fantastic Christmas.

Leading up to Christmas we got in the spirit by doing lots of Christmassy things like:
-pictures with Santa (did not go so well)
-Christmas shopping
-saw the lights at the legislature grounds and candy cane lane







-Went ice skating




Christmas day was a hit. Hadley got the hang of opening presents and definitely enjoyed all of the goodies she got.




And the turkey dinners, mmmmmmmm, my favorite. I couldn't get enough!

Then we brought in the new year at a wedding of some dear friends. It was wonderful for more than one reason.........1) the wedding was at the Fairmont in Jasper so it was BEAUTIFUL and the food was amazing, and 2) it was our first night away from Hadley!! And all 3 of us did very well! It was so great to have some adult time, just Dman and I. But one night was plenty. We were ready to come home to our girl by the end.




More than anything what I have really taken away from this 2011 Christmas, is a deep, deep feeling of gratitude. I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the blessings too great to number in my life. I pondered the Savior's sacrifice a little different this year. Perhaps because I now have a baby, I thought of the Savior fresh and new, swaddled in Mary's arms headed toward the biggest sacrifice mankind has ever known. What a path he must have trod. How grateful I am for that little baby. Because He made all of the blessings that I am so grateful for, possible. No way, no how, would my life be what it is today without my Savior. I am sealed to my husband for time and all eternity, we have brought a beautiful baby girl into our eternal family, there is love within our walls, I know where I came from and where I am headed, I have the atonement to utilize for virtually every aspect of my life, I can financially stay at home with our daughter because I am blessed through paying my tithing. I, am blessed. Beyond measure.

(if you want to know more about what I talked about go here)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. cute photos! looked like a agreat christmas. love your family photo infront of the ledge.

    ReplyDelete