Friday, January 13, 2012

The ABC's

Every month we get a magazine in the mail that is filled with wonderful articles written by our church leaders.

This month's message from our prophet was written for me. I swear. Every single word hit straight to the heart and completely touched on exactly what is going on in my life right now.

President Monson talked about living an abundant life through his ABC's.

A - Have a positive attitude. "William James, a pioneering American psychologist and philosopher, wrote, “The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.”

B - Believe in yourself. "Don’t limit yourself and don’t let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then live so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith."

and

C - Courage. "Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

I am making a MAJOR change in my life right now (no, we are not pregnant with another baby), and seriously, this article could not have come at a better time. Because I am scared. Because the world would tell me I am crazy. But my heart and my Heavenly Father tell me its right.

I will fill you in later on this big change, but right now is not the time. I just wanted to share this message that so helped me out. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment