Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The big change

Remember that big change I talked about a while ago??  Well, its here, ready to be made public....

I quit my full time job, and started a real, full fledged photography business!!!!  Yikes.

It all started back in Decemberish when I had to make the decision whether or not I wanted to return to work in February when my mat leave ended.  I knew I couldn't go back.  There was no way I could leave Hadley everyday.  I just couldn't.  But we needed supplemental income.  You see, Dman works during the summer, but take away tuition and books off of his income and we aren't left with a whole lot.  And student loans aren't that hefty when one is "only" in a bachelors degree program.  So, after much prayer and deliberation, we decided that I would go ahead with making my hobby into a real business.  That meant A LOT of work.

We developed the basement and I now have a real studio!!  (pics to come later)
I have been getting a ton of training from world class photographers.
I created a website and new branding.
Registered my business.
And created a whole new business structure and prices that aren't a shot in the dark.....they are prices based on cost and work.  

Seriously, it has been SO MUCH WORK. We are absolutely beat around here.  No energy left.  But I will muster it because bring on the clients!!!  Here's hoping anyway! Yikes.

I have so many emotions about it.  Overall is excitement.  But there is a lot of apprehension mixed in too.  What if I don't succeed?  We invested SOOOO much money into the business, how could I live with myself if I can't make it back?  Not to mention how embarrassing......photography is a tough one cause it is a subjective art.  My style might not be your style, and so my style is left to people's judgements....and people can be harsh.  Have I said yikes yet??  SO NERVOUS!!

Anyway.......my new website is  www.leahkarchphotography.com . Head on over and check it out. Especially because I am having a GIVEAWAY!!!  All you have to do is "like" Leah Karch Photography on facebook and you will be entered to win!


I appreciate everyone's support in this.  I NEED it!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! So excited for you Leah! It will all work out! You have great style and eye for beauty. Perfect job for stay-at-home-moms too. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete