Thursday, September 10, 2009

So, I was thinking...

This morning as I drove downtown, pulled into the parkade at work (at 6:40 am) and strolled into the lobby saying my morning "hello" to the doorman and security guard.......very nice men who know me quite well because I forget my security card on occassion.......and hopped into the fancy shmancy elevator to the 23rd floor, I thought to myself (and do remember, this is at 6:45 am), I am one lucky chica. Most mornings I dread being at work at such an awful hour and wasting my life away here until the evening, but this moring a thought occured to me: be grateful for what you have. This may not seem all too revolutionary to some, but for me, who is always searching for something better, this was big. Yeah sure, I could be making more money and working civil hours, but you know what, I have a job. That in of itself, during these times of recession, is something to be grateful for. If I talk to the lady in the States who had to take a job at McDonalds flipping burgers cause she has to pay the rent, my life is peachy. I beat out a bunch of other suckers for this job, I have a paychek that pays the mortgage and bills, I have a fantastic husband, a puppy that I adore, a great family, a condo that we own, a new car that won't give us any problems, great friends and I belong to a great church. There are TONS of bumps (Dylan and I seem to attract bad luck like the plauge.............seriously, no joke, I mean really, honestly, horrible luck), sometimes big, sometimes small, along the way and you know what, they SUCK when you are going over them, but it is so important that at the end of the day I realize that I am SO blessed. It makes me tear up to think about how much my Heavenly Father must love me to have blessed me so much.

So, if you are feeling down, or lost, or just plain fet up of challenges and trials (like I was last night after our computer, hard drive, and laptop all decided to crash at the same time......lets remember, I am a photographer, so this is a big deal), remember two things:

1. Your BLESSINGS....... No matter who you are, what your circumstances, you have blessings. We all do. So look for them, cause it will always make you feel better about what you are going through. Why is it that we, as humans, tend to focus on the negative? The negative aint gonna get us nowhere.

2. Is your trial/challenge/bump going to matter in five years? If it is, take your time to grumpy or sad or mad......we all need to vent our emotions. If not, like I reminded myself this morning, who cares! Because if it isn't going to matter, what is the point in wasting minutes/hours/days of your life worrying about it. You can't get time back, so use it wisely. Plus, being angry and worring about things gives us women wrinkles. In my mind, not worth it.

Well, I am glad I posted these thoughts cause I know that I am going to have to come back and read them many a time to remind myself of what I felt this morning. That's all.......hope my thougths are worth reading!

Leah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment