Sunday, April 26, 2009

A New Beginning

I am new to this whole blogging thing, but I thought that since life is so busy and hectic that it would be a great way to keep people updated on what is going on with me. I don't plan on using my blog as some sort of vice to share my political views and beliefs or to make profound and deep comments on life. I just want to share me. And that will be the point of my first post.

I guess you can say that I am still a newly wed. Dylan and I were married 9 months ago, and let me tell you, it was the best day of my life thus far!! I am one of those girls who has dreamed about her wedding since I was seriously about the age of 4 so I had VERY specific ideas of what I wanted it to be. We had a near perfect day with only a few glitches: one was that Dylan got a random bloody nose before pictures and so he had a blood splatter on the vest of his suit so he had to keep his jacket closed, two was that on the way to walking to some of our pictures, my dress was dragging - unbeknownst to me - and was so dirty that our photographer had to photoshop out the dirt on my dress! Oh well.

My colors were white, grey and shots of green here and there (mostly in the flower arrangements). I had a mix of round and rectangular tables; on each round table I had tall (about 60 inches) orchid flower arrangements and then on the rectangular tables I had two short vases with roses and one medium vase with hydrangeas. Then I created a white canopy over the ceiling to make the space feel more intimate and hung 5 chandeliers from the centre of the room. I planned and stressed about EVERY single detail of the wedding all myself - down to making the groomsmen's pocket squares - so when it all turned out well I was so relieved because I had a LOT of man hours into the thing.

Since our wedding I have been asked by a couple people to decorate their weddings. I have turned doen a couple offers because they were not in Edmonton, but I have done a canopy for one wedding and was quite pleased with it.

Since my wedding is the biggest event in my life thus far, I thought I would share some of my favorite pictures of our big day...........enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Your wedding was so beautiful! I still can't believe how you pretty much did everything yourself! Wow!
    And I like your view's on blogs! I'm the same, sometimes I feel like I need to have some deep insites or political views, haha! But I DONT! So its nice to just share about your family and whats going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!! Every thing about it, including the cute couple!!

    ReplyDelete