Tuesday, July 17, 2012

When 3 became 3 1/2!!

This is the longest I have ever gone without posting.  Geesh.  We have been so busy and stressed out as of late that we seriously want to die.  Actually Dman might - Kidding, but half of his face is slightly paralyzed....he's going to the doctor tomorrow....he thinks it is because of stress.

But onto a much lighter note - the reason for my post.  Which is much overdue, because I am due!!!  We are expecting baby number 2 on January 2nd!!  I am seriously overjoyed at the thought of adding another little bean to our family.  I can't wait to see Hadley with a sibling.  I spend my time as I fall asleep most nights dreaming of meeting this baby, and watching her/him and Hadley interact.

My gut tells me we are having a girl.  We will find out in a month, but I would seriously be so surprised if it is a boy.  I have had nothing but girl dreams, the heart rate is 150, and this pregnancy is SUPER similar to Hadley's.  I even crave the exact same foods.

I have been mega sick but that is FINALLY starting to die down just within the last week.  And I have been soooooo tired.  Great timing with all that we have going on.  I am huge already, which I found out is actually due to a hernia that I got from being so big with Hadley.  Because of the hernia, nothing is really staying in place so I am just popping out.  So I will probably be even bigger with this baby than I was with Hadley.  And post-baby I will have to have surgery to fix the hernia before we can have another.  Weird huh?  My OB knew as soon as soon as she saw me that something was not right - "you have quite the belly for 15 weeks" she says.  Funny story - I totaled our car a few weeks ago (one of the reasons for the stress) and the guy I hit is a family doctor.  I tell him I am pregnant, he looks at me, says "yeah, you must be what, 26 weeks?". I laughed.....ummmmm nope 13 actually.  "Oh, you should really get in to see your doctor right away.  You are either having twins or something is not right." hahaha that's when it was confirmed to me that I am in fact large despite everyone telling me that I am not and that they were bigger with their 2nd too.

And on that note, I am 16 weeks along.  Almost half way!  It is crazy how fast this pregnancy is going compared to Hadley's.  I guess its because when I was pregnant with Hadley, that was my sole focus.  But this time around, I have a CRAZY 1 1/2 year old to chase around so I don't focus on the fact that I am pregnant so much.  The guilt has already begun.....I am nervous for that.  Splitting of my time and love and all.

We have told Hadley that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy and she has become INFATUATED with my belly ever since.  She is constantly wanting to lift up my shirt and point to my belly.  And she lays on it and pretends to talk into it like Daddy does.  The other day we were in a store and there was a newborn baby and she points to the baby and then comes up to me and points to my belly.  So I think she SORT of grasps it as much as a 17 month old can.

Here's a picture of me at 13 weeks. I am too lazy to take a new one.  But I am bigger.


1 comment:

  1. i would have commented! i just got home last night! keep blogging. i felt this way a few months a go. summer is hard. trust me everyone will ctach up come the fall!

    ReplyDelete